~ Argument: Pro & Con ~
1. Visit sites that are appropriate and on topic.
2. Cite which sites you get any information and images from.
3. Make clear which words are yours, and which are quotes
4. Today and tomorrow, spend 100% of your time on research
5. Rough and Final Poster
WEBQUEST: Animal Testing: Pro & Con
This project includes many steps.
• Browsing sites that are pro and con animal testing.
W6.1 Learning Target
SL6.4 Learning Target
Webquest Project Steps:
1. Visit the Animal Testing sites below in #2 and take at least one detailed note for each link using the CES chart handout.
2. Include the data used by the websites when reading the different arguments. Make sure to write down who provided the data.
International: 1) Global Pro and Con 2) "my choice" (find yor own source) 3) "my choice" (find yor own sources)
4. Choose a side. Are you pro or con animal testing?
5. Browse your notes and write out a claim for either (or both) Pro and Con animal testing using a mix of simple and compound sentences.
6. Brainstorm and sketch a quick "rough" poster in your ENB that will argue your point of view.
7. Using the paper passed out in class OR the document in Google Classroom....
8. Be sure to include • hook • your claim • your evidence /DATA • drawings/images • the sources!
9. Complete your debate index cards to help you organize for debate ~ the cards should include:
Your counter claims should help you be ready to win your argument!
10. Presentation to table / class - Due: TBA
|Possible Points||Table Partner Assessment||Self Assessment||Teacher Assessment|
Argument /Claim is clearly stated
|Data / Evidence is clear||25|
|Multiple Sources are cited with the evidence||20|
|Spelling and Grammar Conventions||15|
|Poster: Creativity, Neatness, and Design||5|
|Completion by due date!|
REMINDER: sites such as GOOGLE.COM, YAHOO.COM, or ASK.COM
~ PLEASE FOLLOW THE MOBILE LAB MANNERS ~
“"“There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.”
International Studies Learning Center Phone 323.568.3115
Mr. Forfar's informational website
for students,parents,and teachers.