- You will build a drum based on your research and lessons in class.
- The construction will take place mostly outside the classroom.
- The drum materials can be: cardboard, wood, metal, string, etc.(but not “premade”)
- You will not be graded on whether drum “plays well.”
- Your drum and presentation are due in class TBA…. however, please note the 6 steps (assignments) below that are due beforethe actual drum is turned in. Furthermore, you will need your parent or guardian to sign for Step# 3 by TBA
- You can find examples of projects by students from previous years at the bottom of this page
- Drum Size: (dimensions) length: • width:• depth: between 12 & 24 inches only
PROJECT CALENDAR (When and what is due)
Steps 1-3 & 5 need to be completed and saved in your D.N.B. (Drum Notebook)
Step 1– 10pts. 10.14.19 – Rough sketches of designs and drum shape in your (D.N.B.)
Step 2– 10pts. 10.16.19 – Describe 10 steps you will take to build your drum in your (D.N.B.)
Step 3– 10pts. 10.21.19 – List at least 10 materials you will need to build your drum in your (D.N.B.) with parent signature.
Step 4– 20pts 11.5.19 – Handout ~ Create your own written myth about how your drum came to be
Step 5– 20pts 11.12.19 – 3-5 paragraphs ~ written Scriptfor your 1-2 minute presentation describing your creative process (D.N.B.)
Step 6– 100pts 11.12.19 – Your completed Drum project and presentation due!
for those looking for Extra Credit :
– Make a diorama of the setting where your tribe plays the drums
– Include drums and other percussion instruments used by your tribe
– Think of other details you could include, (e.g. when are the drums used?
– Consider what the drums are made of
– What would your tribe make songs about? Include a paragraph describing the setting.
PREVIOUS DRIM PROJECTS: